Friend requests

Introduce yourself here. A nice meet and greet for ST alum and newbies alike.
timcrav
Site Admin

Friend requests

Post by timcrav »

Hello - I'm relatively new here. I've been getting friend requests on my email, but I don't seem to be able to accept them - any suggestions on how to navigate this confusing UI to where I can actually accept these nice folks?

Thanks.
love2edge

Re: Friend requests

Post by love2edge »

On the Home page, locate 'My Account' then 'settings' then 'settings and privacy'. Look on the page for the 'Friend Request' parameter and make sure that the box isn't checked. If it's checked, uncheck it. Then use the 'Submit' button to get the change updated.
ncwanderer
Site Admin

Post by ncwanderer »

I am having the same issue. The box is unchecked. I keep getting messages that I have a friend request but when I go into friends it is not there. Spam friend requests do show up. By spam requests, I mean friend request from female users that join that day and if accepted result in an email with a link to a dating site.
love2edge

Post by love2edge »

Possibly the new member requesting your friendship has already been dealt with. I've had that happen to me and when I look up the member they can't be found.
mash2014
Site Admin

Post by mash2014 »

I asked the same question and the admin informed me some request are easily detected as spam so they delete them. Don’t worry to much about those requests. If someone wants to interact with you, they will usually send an email if you haven’t establish a friendship.
stroke2
Site Admin

Post by stroke2 »

yes same here I am getting lots of unfamiliar FRs too. Just ignoring them now
love2edge

Post by love2edge »

My philosophy on friend requests coming out of the blue and from someone you have not had any interaction is to reject them. Once they hit your 'inbox', there's a drop down to either accept or reject. I just reject them. Some here accept without any cursory investigation especially if they are coming from females. Not sure what the end game of these requests is but I don't think it's because they like you and want to know you better. Could be data miners or bots. DON'T ACCEPT THESE REQUESTS!!
georgeorwell
Site Admin

Post by georgeorwell »

Just don't accept them, and welcome to the forum