It’s sex with someone I love.
alannah

Re: Why do you Masturbate!?

Post by alannah »

Because it feels good
iammmd55

Post by iammmd55 »

Pleasure, mostly. Sometimes stress relief. Or after hard exercise to release the tension & rekax. Sometimes, to fall back asleep if I wake in the middle of the night. And sometimes, I’m just horny and want to do it to release myself from the feeling / distraction of being horny.
blackboxer500

Post by blackboxer500 »

There’s a reason humans dominate the planet, and intelligence is only part of the answer. Our sex drives developed in a way that makes us want sex regardless of whether the female is ovulating, which means vaginas tend to be continually replenished with semen, therefore increasing the chances of reproduction because, when ovulation does occur, circumstances leading to pregnancy are already in place.

Of course I fully understand the idea that we masturbate because it feels good, but there’s something much more powerful at work than mere pleasure-seeking. The drive to perpetuate the species means that we naturally are primed to perform sexual functions regularly. Think of other drives besides sex, like hunger and thirst. Yes, in a sense we eat because it’s delicious and gives us pleasure but one doesn’t have to go too very long without food before acquiring it increasingly becomes the only thing we think about, and if that situation continues, the means of satisfying it becomes less relevant. The most honest person in the world could become hungry enough that the individual would beg, borrow, or steal to acquire it.

And as with sex , when we are finally satisfied by eating, the drive is assuaged for a time. But then as time goes by it the drive, the urge, returns and the cycle repeats.

Masturbation per se does not help perpetuate the species, but the drive underlying the reproductive act is so powerful that the need to satisfy it takes on a life of its own. It demands satisfaction. And, luckily for us, it feels magnificent.