Chat crashes Firefox

Report any bugs you find here.
georgian1stcum94
Site Admin

Chat crashes Firefox

Post by georgian1stcum94 »

For the last couple days, anytime anyone messages me on chat, or I try to message them, Firefox locks up with the Rainbow Pinwheel of Death, and I end up having to force quit. Ideas?

Thanks!
Mickyy

Re: Chat crashes Firefox

Post by Mickyy »

I know this is not the answer you wanna hear, but use either Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Maybe make sure Firefox is updated to the latest version...

I stopped using Firefox when all the security problems were discovered.
Switched to Chrome and I haven't looked back.
It seems to work well with this site.
iluvgirls
Site Admin

Re: Chat crashes Firefox

Post by iluvgirls »

I would echo MIckyy's suggestion to make sure you have all the latest updates in place. Make sure to check your version of Flash as well.

There is a note on the front page recommending that Internet Explorer not be used on SoloTouch. Personally, I've never had a good experience when forced to use IE on any site. Gladly, there is not version available for my platform, but I wouldn't use it if there was.

For what it is worth, I've had none of the crashing symptoms described myself using Firefox--- though I am certain I have a different version, being a GNU/Linux user. (The rainbow pinwheel sounds like a Mac interface.)

Lots of people seem to have good luck with Chrome, so I would suggest that route if you continue to have issues with your installation of Firefox.