Paragraph Breaks Stripped From Some Stories

Report any bugs you find here.
rathb69
Site Admin

Paragraph Breaks Stripped From Some Stories

Post by rathb69 »

I've noticed that many of my stories have had the paragraph/line breaks stripped out so now they appear as one long paragraph which greatly impacts readability. I don't know how other user's stories were originally formatted to know how widespread the issue is.

Here is an example: https://www.solotouch.com/story/playgirl-photoshoot-69884#gsc.tab=0

Having the ability to edit and/or reformat our stories after they have been posted would help solve situations like this (although it might introduce other issues.) Maybe the ability to edit could be granted to certain trusted users after a period of time based on some criteria (number of stories posted, number of months/years as a member, etc.)
mysteryman
Site Admin

Re: Paragraph Breaks Stripped From Some Stories

Post by mysteryman »

Noticed this as well.

It looks like anything that was from the Archive bot had formatting removed entirely, and from what I can tell there are a lot of user-submitted stories from before 2020 that also lost paragraph breaks.
rathb69
Site Admin

Re: Paragraph Breaks Stripped From Some Stories

Post by rathb69 »

I compose my stories off-line to try to ensure, to the best of my ability, that spelling, grammar, and formatting are correct to make the reading experience enjoyable (proper paragraphs are high on the list). I have not been submitting stories because its demotivating to see the effort put into many past stories has been negated.