Bug reports

Report any bugs you find here.
511redhair
Site Admin

Bug reports

Post by 511redhair »

I would like to suggest a category under help/support specifically for reporting bugs within the site. This way we could see if a bug has already been reported before "bugging" the site admins with it.

Speaking of bugs...
When I load the mobile site, the latest story shown was uploaded on Jan 14. This is true on both my iPad and my android phone.

I'd like to say thank you to the admins who put so much work into this site. It's easy to forget that great websites like this one don't just happen and so I want to say that I appreciate everything you guys do. :D
kissingroses
Site Admin

Re: Bug reports

Post by kissingroses »

The "Who's online" doesn't show my friends who are online chatting with me.
pillowboy
Site Admin

Post by pillowboy »

When I am trying to add new photos to an existing album, I get a message my file was added OK, but when trying to view it later, it won't show and I get the message "The requested file was not found on this server".
UKGent
Site Admin

Post by UKGent »

I've got a weird one at the moment. If I try to click on a story or try to log in, I just get returned to the home page.

I can log in to the forum (obviously), but not the main site. I've tried all browsers and on the iPad.
pillowboy
Site Admin

Post by pillowboy »

Same here on Tuesday - database server down?
iluvgirls
Site Admin

Post by iluvgirls »

v50rlh wrote:I've got a weird one at the moment. If I try to click on a story or try to log in, I just get returned to the home page.
Most likely you encountered a server "hiccup". As the site is updated and bugs are fixed, there are likely to be some service outages for short periods of time as the server is brought up and down. Although the other funtionality seems to be okay for me, I have noticed the stories can't be opened at the moment. I know there are a number of fixes and updates in the works specific to how the stories are searched an linked to people's accounts, so perhaps the story portion of the server is offline as changes are made.

No one likes outages, but they are unavoidable at times. Please do your best to be paitent. If site access does not return within a few hours, then there may be a bigger problem that needs attention.
billie

Post by billie »

These have all been addressed in other bug posts. I'll leave this for a number of days so posters can review my responses.
spurtz
Site Admin

Post by spurtz »

For the last two days new stories posted are all authored by "O." The actual handle of the person who submitted the story is missing. I am one of the submitters whose story is attributed to "O," whoever that is. Also, on my personal page where stories submitted by me are listed, this newest one is missing.
billie

Post by billie »

We like to keep it exciting around here. New bugs to keep us all on our toes. LOL
If any of the author: 0 stories are yours, can you let me know which one (please send link)? Please drop me a note via our mail here or use the contact form. It will be quicker for me to re-associate the story with you.
boatrod
Site Admin

Post by boatrod »

The servers have slowed way down over the last several days. I think they are over whelmed with the new format on this site
boatrod
Site Admin

Post by boatrod »

The servers have been slowing way down over the last several days. I think they are overloaded from this new format.
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

Been unable to login for quite some time (Feb7).
Cant wait for new servers!
kissingroses
Site Admin

Post by kissingroses »

I've been trying to change my avatar but when I pick a picture and hit save it doesn't save it or update it, just keeps my avatar the anonymous picture. It's been like this sense I joined.
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

Is it within the size limits?
Been looking for a good avatar photo myself...
surfergirl1
Site Admin

Post by surfergirl1 »

I'm having the same problem as roses's. what is the max size the image can be?
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

I dunno what size it can be, it doesn't say like in other places here.

Tried to change mine, but have not been successful yet...
billie

Post by billie »

Hey all,
There were server issues causing all of the problems with speed and I believe the avatars as well. Please let me know if you still have problems.
surfergirl1
Site Admin

Post by surfergirl1 »

Hey just a heads up but the globe with notification when I click it, it doesn't display the notifications, also when I check my mail box it isn't displaying it properly either and when I check stories that have comments on them the comments are not showing up either. Other then those bugs this site and you and your staff are doing a fantastic job and I just wanna say thanks for this site and you quickness to resolve these problems.
billie

Post by billie »

Hi Surfergirl,
I think we got all of the issues you noted sorted.
billie

Post by billie »

I'm locking this topic.
For future bug reports, please start a new topic. This way, others can easily see if you've already reported the item and it makes it easier for me to track as well.

I appreciate you all letting me know when you see problems. It helps to find and resolve more quickly!