searching for specific words within a story

Post your suggestions and feedback here
luvclitstories
Site Admin

searching for specific words within a story

Post by luvclitstories »

Hi,
I'm still getting used to the new format and think that it's going to work out great. However, the only "complaint" that I have is that in the old search box I would type a phrase like "holding her hand" and the site would look for stories with those exact words in bold within the stories that the search brought up. Now, if a type a phrase, random stories come up which may have one of those terms within the stories but I would have to read every story to find the part that I want. Could the site re-integrate a Google based story search like before? Or any advice on how to have the words that I am looking for either highlighted or in bold letters? Thanks, and everything else looks great. I specially like being able to "save" my favorite stories.
billie

Re: searching for specific words within a story

Post by billie »

Hi,
Let me play around with the search some more and see if we can't hone it a bit. We can't bring the google search back, but I can improve this one. There are a few other things in the "fix-it" queue before this, but I'll definitely take a look.
Thanks for the feedback!
linkinpinkies
Site Admin

Post by linkinpinkies »

Thanks for addressing this. And btw, it may just be that I am a sucker for glasses, but your avatar turns me on! Is that too weird? Or is everything here just weird enough, lol?
billie

Post by billie »

Ha, well thank you!! I'm flattered. My friends say my avatar looks JUST like me and they're always amused that I got a cartoon likeness of myself :) .
luvclitstories
Site Admin

Post by luvclitstories »

Hi Billie,

Any updates on improving the search feature? Also, could I nicely ask why can't the old google search be re-intergrated?

Thanks
billie

Post by billie »

Hi,
Search improvements are still in the queue. We have to move the sites to a new host to resolve some of the other problems, which is taking up valuable time, unfortunately.

Google search simply won't work with this layout and if search was working the way it should be, would simply be redundant if it were implemented. We'll get it sorted.
Thanks for your patience!
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

When do you expect to move to new servers?
Can you let us know when to update our DNS stuff?
billie

Post by billie »

Mickyy -
You bet. New boxes are up and we're working on the move. Should be a week or two, but for anyone who knows me, you know I'm working on over-delivering and under-promising vs. the alternative. I'm still working on that. LOL

For all of you worried about what the hell Mickyy is talking about (DNS- whaaaaaat?), if you get to the site one day and it doesn't seem to be working, you can open your cmd window, type ipconfig/flushdns and you'll be set.
You can also clear your cache. This really shouldn't be an issue though.