Learning about Masturbation - Family Members, Friends etc

Serious and intellectual discussions
george
Site Admin

Learning about Masturbation - Family Members, Friends etc

Post by george »

Did you learn what masturbation was, by your parents sitting you down, and having that Birds and Bees chat, with a frank and honest discussion, No? I thought not.

So how did you learn, self-taught, friends, cousin, brother, sister, local priest, teacher. What did the discussion consist of? Was it useful or confusing?
Sunking

Re: Learning about Masturbation - Family Members, Friends et

Post by Sunking »

Actually mine was almost self taught but also had a great Sex-ed class in 7th grade - Helped me get going!
morningwd
Site Admin

Post by morningwd »

Experimentation with friends and a cousin............oh and sneaking peeks at my Dads copy of 'Lady Chatterley's Lover'.
kentklements
Site Admin

Post by kentklements »

Learned from my friends. I was probably 11 or 12 and a group of us would meet and one of my friends house, look at his father's Playboys and masturbate together. Some of the guys were older than I and could cum, I was so envious of them until I matured enough to be able to cum as well.
billdeeboy
Site Admin

Post by billdeeboy »

my older brother taught me, then i did it with almost all of my friends.
kevincums
Site Admin

Post by kevincums »

Read about it in a sex ed book and tried it as soon as I got to bed that night! Best piece of literature I ever had the pleasure of reading :D
oldman
Site Admin

Post by oldman »

I was about eleven when a friend in the neighborhood asked me if masturbated. I didn't know what he was talking about so he showed me and I have thouroughly enjoyed the feeling for over fifty years now.
dai2014
Site Admin

Post by dai2014 »

I honestly have no recollection of how I learnt?!

Had older brothers but pretty sure they didn't show me. Had an older sister and the only mildly sexual thing we did was she wanted to try and pee like her brothers did, so I think she watched me pee and then stood up and tried to do it the same way while I watched (must have been maybe 7 or younger I would guess)
No Internet back then either, and I am sure that never talked about this in any kind of detail with school friends.

I guess it just came naturally :lol:
UKGent
Site Admin

Post by UKGent »

My older sister told me about it. She's about 4 years older than me and came home one day from school where she'd been talking about it with her friends.

She described the action and told me that it should feel good, but we never actually did anything together. To be honest, I'd already been rubbing myself and knew it felt good so I'd now (in my own mind at least) been given a legitimate reason for doing it as I knew others were.
njhockey1088
Site Admin

Post by njhockey1088 »

I started rubbing myself at a very early age, I knew i should not get caught doing it but I also knew I would never stop doing it. I have a sister that is four years younger then me and when she got older we would play doctor and explore each other. As we did more and more we found out what feels good and kept on going with it. So I guess you could say we taught each other and found out what we like best. We fooled around into our late teens but pretty ended it when we started to date. I still think about it often and she still turns me on. I also love to hear about other peoples experience with this.
fkiss36
Site Admin

Post by fkiss36 »

My cousin was my same age. When we were really young we did some naughty little boy things when we got boners and technically I guess we were masturbating, of course we didn't cum. Later as we approached puberty he mentioned that he had stroked his cock until it squirted. We never did it together, but after he told me he squirted, as soon as I got home and in my bed alone, I stroked until I came. It was wonderful!
kev607
Site Admin

Post by kev607 »

I pretty much figured it out myself but would have preferred to have been taught. The reason being I was about 12 and while taking a bath, I was cleaning my penis when it got erect. Normally I didn't like or understand erections as they were uncomfortable and I'd get pinched etc. However this time it felt good so I continued to rub it until the the feelings got pretty strong, which kind of scared me so I quit. That night however I was compelled to rub myself again until not only did the feeling become stronger but I went over the edge and climaxed, which scared the heck out of me. I thought I had broken something inside as I had no idea what semen was. I was sure I was going to wake up dead and too scared to talk to my parents about it.

I did wake up the next morning and each morning thereafter and didn't seem to have any ill effects, so by the time a week or so was up, I was back to rubbing myself again!! It wasn't too long after that that we had a primitive sex education class and masturbation was mentioned there which made me feel a whole lot better.
davidkc
Site Admin

Post by davidkc »

I discovered jerking off on my own, although I don't think there would be anything wrong with a parent bringing it up during a "facts of life" conversation.
johnaked
Site Admin

Post by johnaked »

Used to play doctors which other male friends when at primary school - found out about wanking after a games session when I was 11 - when a friend wanked me off in the communal bath!
johnnf
Site Admin

Post by johnnf »

Being uncut, my mother made it clear while growing up, that I had to pull back my foreskin and keep the head of my penis clean. I think this "cleaning" led to good feelings and an early knowledge of "playing" with my penis. I don't remember having a climax till I was 12 or 13 though.... when I decided not to wear underwear. My uncut penis rubbed against the inside of my jeans, caused the foreskin to retract, and that led to a climax in my jeans leaving a very wet spot to try to hide. ;)
jemstone
Site Admin

Post by jemstone »

As an only child I had no sibling to clue me in. Sometime when I was 8 or so, I took baths and liked sliding around on my belly in the tub; felt good. Within a year (vague memories here) I began playing with my penis sitting in the tub, using Ivory soap. Again, felt good. One day I had and orgasm and a small amount of cum. Scared me; thought I had broken my penis. But did it again a day or so later and never looked back.
edger47
Site Admin

Post by edger47 »

Self-taught all the way! It didn't take me very long at all to learn how good masturbating feels and how much I love it! ;)
georgian1stcum94
Site Admin

none

Post by georgian1stcum94 »

----------------
Last edited by georgian1stcum94 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hairypalmblind
Site Admin

Post by hairypalmblind »

When I was 7, my brother, 13, showed me how he masturbated. At that young age, of course I had no understanding of sexuality or orgasms. My brother also asked me to manipulate him and provide oral---which I am angry about some 35+ years later. I first masturbated on my own when I was 12, using the same technique I watched my brother use.
jester
Site Admin

Post by jester »

Completely self taught. Figured out what felt good at a very early age (5-6) and never stopped.