Male Sexual Fluidity??

Serious and intellectual discussions
kev607
Site Admin

Male Sexual Fluidity??

Post by kev607 »

As a guy in his 50's, I've thought about this off and on for around 10 years. Last summer I came across an article on a news website entitled something like: "Is there sexual fluidity in males?". It looked at some university studies that tried to answer that question. Studies have been done in the past about female fluidity - a new term for me - about the ability of heterosexual women to be able to give and receive sexual pleasure from another hetero women. Apparently they can and in some studies one of the top 5 or 10 fantasies of heterosexual women is having a same sex experience.

Most studies on hetero men have been inconclusive at this point as most studies have only begun in the last 4-6 years. Several researcher's feel that men have similar fantasies but are much more hesitant to reveal this then women. They say that society in general is much more lenient towards women in this regard, but have a negative view of men, so society plays a major role in many facets of how we view ourselves and others. They claim sexual fluidity actually has little to do with homosexuality or even bisexuality but society views it as such. They seem to think hetero men are more sexually fluid then has previously been thought, its just a matter of men accepting their thoughts and feelings and being truthful in their responses to studies but is difficult to change social programming.

I've noticed on this site and others that there are a lot of male to male stories that most come from hetero men. One of the beauties of the internet is one can be more open and honest without revealing ones identity. I too have wondered if I could actually derive pleasure from a man through mutual masturbation and have seen several instances of men my age that are in a sexless relationship consider trying a same sex experience. Maybe through more discussion, men can express their thoughts and desires like women have done for years.
jemstone
Site Admin

Re: Male Sexual Fluidity??

Post by jemstone »

As a bisexual man who spends time on chaturbate.com, I have noticed that a great many men indicate on their profile pages that they are "interested in women" (as opposed to other options, including "men, couples, and transexuals"), but who end up watching a guy masturbate. And I do mean a great many men. I suppose this is evidence of the sexual fluidity this forum is about.
krieger
Site Admin

Post by krieger »

I certainly believe that sexuality in general changes and evolves throughout life. Tastes change: a guy might be all about the big boobs in their early twenties, but lean more towards average boobs and more pronounced hips in their thirties. I have a friend who told me about her increasing love of body hair - mirroring her long-term partners increasing body hair. Through most of my teens I was almost entirely straight. Then, in my early twenties, I found myself with a crush on a guy friend of mine. As I've gotten older, I've found several other guys that I've developed sexual desires for, while not losing any of my love of women.

I think fluidity of sexuality is just something that happens, something that changes along with the rest of a person's tastes, opinions, feelings, and - well, personhood. I also agree that this fluidity is much more accepted in women. While it's probably not universal, in my experience most people are happy to accept bisexual women, but men are seen as either gay or straight. This is taken from a fairly narrow sample though - my friendship group, mostly.
mash2014
Site Admin

Post by mash2014 »

krieger wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:15 pm I certainly believe that sexuality in general changes and evolves throughout life. Tastes change: a guy might be all about the big boobs in their early twenties, but lean more towards average boobs and more pronounced hips in their thirties. I have a friend who told me about her increasing love of body hair - mirroring her long-term partners increasing body hair. Through most of my teens I was almost entirely straight. Then, in my early twenties, I found myself with a crush on a guy friend of mine. As I've gotten older, I've found several other guys that I've developed sexual desires for, while not losing any of my love of women.

I think the fluidity of sexuality is just something that happens, something that changes along with the rest of a person's tastes, opinions, feelings, and - well, personhood. I also agree that this fluidity is much more accepted in women. While it's probably not universal, in my experience most people are happy to accept bisexual women, but men are seen as either gay or straight. This is taken from a fairly narrow sample though - my friendship group, mostly.
I recently read in some other thread about bisexuality/heteroamorous. When I was in school I had a crush on a classmate. He was cute. As I grew older I experienced sucking a man. It was a bad experience. Later, I had another sucking session with another man, and it also wasn't pleasant. I blame both unpleasantness on drugs and alcohol. However, there was a young man, younger than me who I thought was beautiful and I found him sexy. I remember I could see his budge and I was about to faint. I was taken but I couldn't pursue that fantasy. I started to see other men as attractive and desirable. A desire to kiss and suck them. I'm not into giving or receiving anal but I do feel some sexual attraction towards some men. I've seen some CUT cocks that I wish to perform on them.
But I also love to be a woman. I love to go down on women. I love their taste and smell. And that's why I started with my first sentence. I believe I am bi/ hetero amorous.
svengalideck

Post by svengalideck »

Yerp.... :roll:
oldfan
Site Admin

Post by oldfan »

Guess I am sexually fluid. Give some man to Nan sex a try. You may find you love it.
iamnaked

Post by iamnaked »

Girls take time to percolate.
Guys need a place, nothing more.
Girls turn on slowly. Guys, blink of an eye.
I’ve never considered myself gay.
Stand a not so pretty woman up next to a good looking man and give me a choice, I’ll choose the woman every time.
But If I only have ten minutes the man is the better choice.
Girls, we all know how much fun they are.
Guys, simple and quick, no beating around the bush.
I like both but could only Love a woman so I do not consider myself bi.
But cocks are a fun toy Therefore I consider myself flexible.
svengalideck

Post by svengalideck »

iamnaked wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:20 am Girls take time ....

I think thoust quoteth too much!
There lies the contradictory evidence in fact, you are________
:lol:
iamnaked

Post by iamnaked »

svengalideck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:04 pm
iamnaked wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:20 am Girls take time ....

I think thoust quoteth too much!
There lies the contradictory evidence in fact, you are________
:lol:
ROFLMAO,, PMSL,, ya know, ye may be right!
mash2014
Site Admin

Post by mash2014 »

iamnaked wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:20 am Girls take time to percolate.
Guys need a place, nothing more.
Girls turn on slowly. Guys, blink of an eye.
I’ve never considered myself gay.
Stand a not so pretty woman up next to a good looking man and give me a choice, I’ll choose the woman every time.
But If I only have ten minutes the man is the better choice.
Girls, we all know how much fun they are.
Guys, simple and quick, no beating around the bush.
I also don't consider myself gay, bi, or even bicurious. I consider myself to be flexible. I have sucked and been sucked, I've felt sexually attracted to a couple of men, and given the chance I would love to play with a man.
In my 60 plus years I always look at women and maybe a handful of men. 99.999% of my sexual fantasies are with or about women. But I'm not shutting the door to men.
iamnaked

Post by iamnaked »

mash2014 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:55 am
I also don't consider myself gay, bi, or even bicurious. I consider myself to be flexible. I have sucked and been sucked, I've felt sexually attracted to a couple of men, and given the chance I would love to play with a man.
In my 60 plus years I always look at women and maybe a handful of men. 99.999% of my sexual fantasies are with or about women. But I'm not shutting the door to men.
[/quote]

Well said, I resemble that remark !
svengalideck

Post by svengalideck »

iamnaked wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:45 am
mash2014 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:55 am
I also don't consider myself ....

Well said, I resemble that remark !
No problem from me- tho too much flexibility can be overrated in certain ways....
:shock: dec