1980's Sex Survey

Serious and intellectual discussions
wanklover

1980's Sex Survey

Post by wanklover »

I well remember an article in a UK newspaper in the early 1980's reporting on the results of a Sex Survey that had taken place in the USA. The results were quite an eye opener for me even though I was into my 30's by then.
1. Just over 85% of the women who took part said that they never had an orgasm from penetration alone and needed further manual stimulation once the man was done.
2. The average man takes 5 to 6 minutes to reach orgasm whereas the average woman takes 8 to 9 minutes so there is an imbalance between them. (I assume this relates to men & women who go through it from start to finish without edging.)
3. The average man takes 20 to 30 minutes to recover from an orgasm before he can get aroused again. Some women reported needing only 5 minutes recovery time.
4. Oral sex, which at the time was thought to be practised only by a small minority, was far more common.
5. The average mans orgasm lasts around 8 seconds whereas the average woman's is 12 seconds.
6. It was found that large numbers of both sexes continued to masturbate throughout their lives even after marriage & those who had masturbated together in front of each other had found it a huge turn on !
I don't know what age group took part in this survey & I guess that some of it would not relate to older people.
iamnaked

Re: 1980's Sex Survey

Post by iamnaked »

“1. Just over 85% of the women who took part said that they never had an orgasm from penetration alone and needed further manual stimulation once the man was done.”

I believe this one, I always and I mean always burry my face in a woman’s love nest after she grants me the privilege of fucking her.

After I am damn sure she had at least a couple of good orgasms I clean things up for her.
:’P
mash2014
Site Admin

Post by mash2014 »

wanklover wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:01 pm I well remember an article in a UK newspaper in the early 1980's reporting on the results of a Sex Survey that had taken place in the USA. The results were quite an eye opener for me even though I was into my 30's by then.
1. Just over 85% of the women who took part said that they never had an orgasm from penetration alone and needed further manual stimulation once the man was done.
2. The average man takes 5 to 6 minutes to reach orgasm whereas the average woman takes 8 to 9 minutes so there is an imbalance between them. (I assume this relates to men & women who go through it from start to finish without edging.)
3. The average man takes 20 to 30 minutes to recover from an orgasm before he can get aroused again. Some women reported needing only 5 minutes recovery time.
4. Oral sex, which at the time was thought to be practised only by a small minority, was far more common.
5. The average mans orgasm lasts around 8 seconds whereas the average woman's is 12 seconds.
6. It was found that large numbers of both sexes continued to masturbate throughout their lives even after marriage & those who had masturbated together in front of each other had found it a huge turn on !
I don't know what age group took part in this survey & I guess that some of it would not relate to older people.
That seems to be the Hite Report. I remember reading it in my late teens or early 20s. I masturbated reaching so much good stuff.
jeep
Site Admin

Post by jeep »

An old girlfriend used to like doing women’s mag sex surveys with me. I actually found it an arousing process and learned a lot about her sexual preferences, especially her love of masturbation and fellatio.
sam3475

Post by sam3475 »

This survey seems mostly spot on, in the 80's or the present. I believe #1 is very accurate. I suspect this is the reason why my wife has such little interest in sex anymore. :roll: