User Avatar in Forum Posts

Report any bugs you find here.
bport1250
Site Admin

User Avatar in Forum Posts

Post by bport1250 »

Some members' avatar pics don't show up in their forum posts, just the words 'user avatar'. Mine is among them. Is this a bug or are the pics 'non compliant' in some way?
trelaina
Site Admin

Re: User Avatar in Forum Posts

Post by trelaina »

I will look into this and see if I can find an answer for that. Thank you.
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

I have found, that for whatever reason, if a photo is not uploaded correctly it will not appear in a user's album, nor would it appear as a user's avatar.

I believe it is due to the photo restrictions placed on a file, either it is too large, or it does not conform in some other way. The user is not notified of this error, other than the fact the photo does not appear. The placeholder for the photo remains...
bport1250
Site Admin

Post by bport1250 »

<I have found, that for whatever reason, if a photo is not uploaded correctly it will not appear in a user's album, nor would it appear as a user's avatar>

There's my confusion, 'cause my avatar shows up on my profile page but not on the forum posts.
trelaina
Site Admin

Post by trelaina »

Mine as well actually. I have tested and tested this, I am going to talk to some people, I really am not finding an answer.
trelaina
Site Admin

Post by trelaina »

This has been escalated and is being looked into. Thank you for your patience.
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

There's my confusion, 'cause my avatar shows up on my profile page but not on the forum posts.
I have found that there is a difference between a user's avatar for the forum vs. everywhere else.
For example, my avatar here is rather revealing, but yet I needed to change it for other areas just for that reason. I thought they were one and the same, but apparently there is a separate avatar for the forum.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem?
bport1250
Site Admin

Post by bport1250 »

I noticed that Mickyy's forum avatar is different from his home page avatar. But I don't see where a second, 'forum specific' avatar can be established. How'd ya do that Mickyy?
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

See, that is the thing...

When the no genatalia in your avatar rule went into effect, I changed it. But then I noticed that the forum avatar didn't change. Now I don't know where to set it up any differently, it is like the Forum is a different website or something.

Things are a bit off still, and from what I understand Billie or Trelaina are still working on things.
trelaina
Site Admin

Post by trelaina »

I am keeping an eye on it, it was escalated, I do not have the capabilities or knowledge to fix things like this, just test and report.