Can't Accept Friend Requests

Report any bugs you find here.
deepdesires
Site Admin

Can't Accept Friend Requests

Post by deepdesires »

Hey,

Promising site changes, however I've not been able to accept any friend requests. I've tried on three different browsers over the course of three weeks. The friends I do have are from my own requests which they've accepted. Unfortunately, I have a queue of friend requests, none of which I can respond to in any way. The "Accept Friend Request" link does nothing. It just reloads the same page. If I open it in a new tab, it just displays the user's profile, again with a non-functional "Accept Friend Request" link. Is this a known problem?

Thanks!
Mickyy

Re: Can't Accept Friend Requests

Post by Mickyy »

You may need to delete or reset the cookies for this site.
I think there is a link near the bottom of the page...
deepdesires
Site Admin

Post by deepdesires »

The cookies shouldn't affect multiple browsers across multiple machines and multiple operating systems. That sounds more like an account problem. The link to reset site cookies is (as far as I can tell) related to the cookies on the Board - at least that is the only link like that which I can find. In any event, I used it and that has no effect whatsoever. The issue remains.

So: I still can't accept friends. Does any site admin have any insight into this? Is it a known issue? Am I the only account that has this problem? Is there any solution? This isn't the end of the world, obviously, but it certainly makes logging into the site rather...pointless.
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

send an email to billie. she is on top of things.
billie

Post by billie »

This has been brought to my attention a few times and has always been the same problem. To accept a friend request, you must be in your friends section. There is a bug that allows you to go to your friend requester's profile and also see "Accept Friend" there. Unless you are in your own friends section, accept or reject will not work.

To Accept a Friend go here: My Account > My Friends.
Scroll down the page to get to your Friend Requests section and click accept or reject there.
billie

Post by billie »

Also, please be sure that you are allowing friend requests. In your settings area: http://solotouch.com/my-account/settings/privacy there is an option that says "Do not allow users to send friend requests." Make sure you don't have that selected.
wulfin82
Site Admin

Post by wulfin82 »

I can't accept friend request. I reloaded the cookies, using firefox browser, I have accepted request before, but not this time!
volks73
Site Admin

Post by volks73 »

For anyone having problems accepting Friend Requests, I noticed that this seems to work in Chrome but not Firefox.
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

Sometimes you need to adjust the settings.
Like 'accept friend requests y/n'
seemslikeaniceplace
Site Admin

Post by seemslikeaniceplace »

I have the same issue.I get sent requests but can't confirm.
iluvgirls
Site Admin

Post by iluvgirls »

seemslikeaniceplace wrote:I have the same issue.I get sent requests but can't confirm.
Make sure to try going to My Account -> My Friends, and accept the invitations from there. For some reason that method seems more reliable than other approaches.
love2edge

Post by love2edge »

Well all of a sudden I can't accept friend requests. I haven't changed any settings and did look to see if it was enabled. It is. Something has changed on the site I think. All I can do on my friend's page is either delete or view profile. It doesn't have accept any more. I'm thinking now it could be on the opposite end where the issue is....ie on the requestor's side?
baconroll
Site Admin

Post by baconroll »

i am having same problems i cannot accept friends requsts
i have contacted admin not heard from them yet
love2edge

Post by love2edge »

If it hasn't been straightened out, I'll be online about 7:15am EST US tomorrow... I'll work with you on it then.
rantallion
Site Admin

Post by rantallion »

I cannot accept Friends requests. When I go to Friends in my account there is no pending list as stated in the instructions. I've sent numerous messages about this but no-one has replied. It's clearly an issue judging from the number of hits on the Bugs list. I've gone through all the settings but nothing seems amiss there. It's frustrating that when you send a message it says someone will reply within 24 hours, but they don't! Seems a bit pointless if you can't respond to people who want to make contact.
love2edge

Post by love2edge »

Go to the home page or even from here to the My Account tab (top of screen) > Settings > Settings and Privacy > General > Friend Request Make sure that the Friend Request box is not checked.

Barring that, try another browser or clear your browser cache on your current browser. I'm going to send you a friend request and see what happens on the sending side.

Well, I didn't see anything amiss from the sending side. If it is still an issue let me know and I'll get Billie involved.