Issues and solutions after Server Move 2019

Report any bugs you find here.
heretic
Site Admin

Issues and solutions after Server Move 2019

Post by heretic »

Hi all,

Not sure who is still having issues when the chat came back online after the server move, but here are a couple of my experiences.

I am a Mac guy and I had previously used Chrome when I came to ST. When chat came online I tried Safari (good), Firefox (good), Chrome (would not log on and failed with "Connection Failed, Error #0"). Chatted with Billie and suggested I clear the browser cache. Cleared "pics and files cache" Time Frame "all time", restarted Chrome and bam...login!

The only remaining issue I have been experiencing is none of my browsers are able to "attach image" from the Private Chat interface. It lets you go select an image, but it just reverts back to "Browse Images" and never actually uploads it. There was a hope that the cache clearing would help this, but so far no joy.
Mickyy

Re: Issues and solutions after Server Move 2019

Post by Mickyy »

Can you detail the procedure you try with the images?
I also use Chrome, I almost refuse to use anything else except for testing purposes.

The issue with Chat and Chrome was a weird one for me, I outlined my solution in another forum post a few days ago. Clearing the cache didn't work for me, but entering the chat URL directly into the browser bar did.

I haven't tried photos with Chat yet, but my webcam works and all the other features I tried were the same as before.
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

Yes it is true that image uploading is a problem in Chat.
Is it a problem in other areas?
heretic
Site Admin

Post by heretic »

I don't believe I have tried to upload anywhere else than in chat recently. I have not gone through all my browsers and tried in chat either. It takes awhile as you have to make a private chat connection, then actually wish to exchange pics.
rimster
Site Admin

Post by rimster »

yep, can't log into chat
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

Same here. All the old tricks I used before don't work...