What is a Premium story and why is there a difference?

Questions about new site functionality or use
billie

What is a Premium story and why is there a difference?

Post by billie »

Why do I have to pay for Premium stories?
Solotouch was started as a masturbation community many years ago. The story posting rules have always been that stories must comply with a masturbation theme (amongst other rules).

Since the beginning, when a story was submitted to ST that complied with other rules, but was outside of the masturbation theme, it was marked as "Too Hot for Solotouch" and was published at Whisperinglily.com, which was the premium sister-site to Solotouch.com. If you wanted to read the stories that were not suitable for Solotouch (and use the other WL features) you had to join Whisperinglily for a nominal fee.

Whisperinglily was built on custom software that was becoming costly and difficult to maintain. Plus we were essentially building and maintaining 2 communities. To put our focus into improving ST, we decided to "move" WL to ST. The premium features you see now are just what you would have seen were you logged into WL (with vast improvements). But now WL and ST members can intermingle and we can spend our dev dollars solely at ST.

Why not just make ALL stories visible?
We've tried that in the past. ST has a long history of being masturbation only and that is what our ST members have come to expect. When a story with lots of oral sex or other sexual acts has been published in the past, we receive a lot of complaint emails. Maintaining the ST focus is important to us and clearly to you.
In merging the sites, our goal is to maintain what ST'ers expect, while giving the option for a little more.

I can't view my own story that I submitted because it is in a premium section and I'm not a premium member. WTF?
Well, truthfully, nothing has changed. If your story was not compliant with ST rules, it has always been moved to WhisperingLily, where it was published due to less stringent rules regarding theme. If you were not a WL member, you could not view comments and ratings then, the same as now. If you submit your story today and it is "Too Hot for Solotouch" (i.e. outside of the original ST categories), it is simply put in a premium category at this site, not another. That has always been the case and has always clearly been listed on the submissions page itself. We have now changed the text so that it is again relevant (from Whisperinglily to Premium), but the concept and story handling is the same.
If you submit a premium story and you are not a premium member, drop us a note and we'll give you temporary Premium status. And if you submit great stories frequently, we may even make it permanent.

Summation
Nothing has changed. We've just built a more robust community and added some better features to the "Premium" ST membership such as video chat and better handling of video sharing.
Plus, while WL only had it's own stories, plus those that were rejected from Solotouch, the premium categories now also contain our entire erotica collections from Masturbationpage.com and Clubstroke.net, so you're getting even more than you did at WL.
A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Happy reading!