Where is the Archive?

Questions about new site functionality or use
billie

Where is the Archive?

Post by billie »

Our improved and expanded Search functionality will allow you to view archived stories. In addition, you can limit those stories to even more specific parameters if you wish.
To view Story Archive, go to the Search Stories box in the right side of the home page or any story page. In Browse By, choose Date. Then choose the Month and Year of the stories you wish to read.

What if I want to read Female Solo Stories from May of 2006? No problem! In Search Stories, choose Category: Female Solo, Browse By: Date: 5 - 2006. Voila, all of the Female Solo stories are listed for you.

You can do the same by clicking the Techniques link in the header and using the Search Techniques box.

Play with the Search Boxes. You'll find that they give you great options for your story viewing. As tags are added to stories, the search box will become even more powerful. (**Did you know that you can suggest tags for the stories you read now? A Suggest Tags box is listed on the right side navigation bar of every story and technique you will read).
softerside
Site Admin

Re: Where is the Archive?

Post by softerside »

The archive in the old site was GREAT. This one is not so user friendly and doesn't seem complete. I searched a fav "How I would do it for you" and got Part 2, but could not find Part 1. Nor I could I find the previous stories in this series starting with DeeBee and then Ben. I tried dates according to the date on Part 2 (1/2007 and 12/2006). I searched DeeBee and Ben as authors. Their names popped up but then no stories.

Any more tips? Do I just need to accept that the archive has been partially lost to us? When I first came to SoloTouch I spent many happy hours searching the archives back to early days and found amazing stories.

I would like to say that SoloTouch archives are a priceless asset and would love to have full access.
trelaina
Site Admin

Post by trelaina »

Here is part 1: http://www.solotouch.com/story/how-i-wo ... -you-24477

As far as I know all stories that were in the archive are still there, you can always ask support to search for a title for you as well, by emailing support@solotouch.com , we are more than happy to help out.
billie

Post by billie »

I was able to search "How I would do it for you" in the Keyword search box and came up with both stories.
There are a lot of powerful search options in that little box, so I invite you all to experiment with your search options to use the search to both discover new stories and find your old favorites.

Don't forget to add your favorite stories to your favorites queue which is in the right-side box of every story. Then under My Account > My Stories, you will have a list of all of your favorites.

As Trelaina noted, you can also contact us for any help.
Happy hunting!