Story edits when stories follow the rules

Post your suggestions and feedback here
jackdick
Site Admin

Story edits when stories follow the rules

Post by jackdick »

When I used this website in January, I submitted some stories. I followed the rules listed here. Nevertheless, the editors kept changing details that were not in violation of the rules. The details included the titles of the stories and the ages of the people named in those stories (who were identified as being at 13 years or older.) Why is that done? Who does that?
george
Site Admin

Re: Story edits when stories follow the rules

Post by george »

Hi Jackdick, Thanks for your comments on story edits.
As one of the story editors, I would like to explain that our position is to ensure that the rules are adhered to for legal reasons. (Sexual activity of a person under 18 with someone over 18, or with persons under 13 are a total no-no.)
If you stated that the ages of the persons named in the story were 13 years or over, having sexual activity with someone within four years, up to and including 17, then fine. But sometimes we have stories that involve persons under 18, with persons over 18, which is not allowed, then we have to try and edit the ages to comply, and also to make the story seem feasible for that age group and flowing.
With regards to the titles, sometimes members who submit stories create a title which has no relation to the meaning of the story, or is so disjointed it doesn't make sense, then we have to create a title which describes the story with true meaning. I may add this would be a last resort, as I believe in allowing story submitters as much freedom of speech and expression as possible.
If you are still unhappy with my explanation, please feel free to submit them again in their original form, and I will see if it is necessary to edit the published stories. Please PM me when this is done, and I will look out for them.
George