Rating System

Post your suggestions and feedback here
monibisordi
Site Admin

Rating System

Post by monibisordi »

I've noticed that all my stories have been voted completely down, which I'm pretty sure is ridiculous, especially considering the comments I've had on them.

I'm suggesting that there be a little popup when you click the rating number to show you the names of each person who voted and what rating they gave.
billie

Re: Rating System

Post by billie »

First of all, I guess I should test a bit and see if ratings are working properly. With the other bugs around here, it would not be obscene if there were issues. LOL

That said, I'm reluctant to add a system that would identify raters by name and rating. I think that removing anonymity may reduce people's desire to vote.
monibisordi
Site Admin

Re: Rating System

Post by monibisordi »

I understand that, but on other sites where I post and read stories, the same thing happens. People intentionally rate down stories, and it's really more prominent with the anonymity of it.

I would rather only have a few ratings that were honest, than be stacked with a bunch of bs ratings because people try and bump up their own, or are just 'trolling' the ratings.

I've had positive comments on my stories, so I'm sure the ratings system would be better that way.

Also another note, I have no idea how to rate something 100, the highest I can get is 99.