Expanded Search

The latest news and announcements at Solotouch
billie

Expanded Search

Post by billie »

I've had the search functionalities expanded so that your search term is also searched for in the body of the story as well as the title now. Hopefully this will help you find your favorites a little more easily.
Let me know how it works for you.
linkinpinkies
Site Admin

Re: Expanded Search

Post by linkinpinkies »

Do we ever ask for less? Of course not.

Thank you for the expanded search. Do you think that someday, when things calm down, you could give the option to search by title only? That can be helpful as well.

Also, Boolean features such as a phrase in quotes, or this AND this could help for finding (being playful here) the story where "The Pope's shower stall" is included, and you wouldn't have to wade through all the stories with the Pope, or your own shower stall. :)

If you can, great, if not, it is your site, and thanks anyway!
billie

Post by billie »

Hi!
If you enter the title in the Keywords box, it should return the story you are looking for.

I have to be honest in that I don't think I'll get to a Boolean search anytime soon, but I think that the search now should be able to find just about anything anyone is looking for.

As a side note, we can tag stories now as well. I invite everyone to suggest tags for the stories they read as the archived stories are mostly untagged. (You can suggest tags in the right sidebar of every story).
We have a cool tags section that becomes more and more useful as we add tags.
linkinpinkies
Site Admin

Post by linkinpinkies »

I totally understand about the Boolean lack, Billie; that is no minor addition.

And putting the title in the box will work, true, if one knows a title. I guess I am going backward as you go forwards; I meant that the search would only search titles, like I suppose it had been doing before it was expanded. So one can look for all "My First Time," type stories, for example, by entering "first," whereas the word "first" would appear in the body of stories many unrelated times, and would return too many results.

But no matter. Great job.

(and I will never tell what my search faves really are. Maybe it is "NUN," lol. Hmmm. Let me try that.......)
billie

Post by billie »

Well, I'll trade you the title specific search for the ability to add a story to your favorites list once you find it. How about that? LOL

In case anyone didn't know, there is now a cool new feature where you can add any story to your Favorites list or to your Reading Queue. These options are in the right sidebar when viewing any story.
Once you've added a story or technique to your Favorites or Reading Queue, you can see them here: http://www.solotouch.com/my-account/stories/
or here:
http://www.solotouch.com/my-account/techniques/

Reading Queue - clicking any story here will delete it from your queue.
Favorites - Favorites will remain in your queue for repeated reading until you choose to delete it.
linkinpinkies
Site Admin

Post by linkinpinkies »

You peach, you! Everything you do is appreciated. (in fact, some of it, we would love to see the video, lol)

Thanks