Why we masturbate....?

Serious and intellectual discussions
hairypalmblind
Site Admin

Why we masturbate....?

Post by hairypalmblind »

Hello All,

I just discovered this unique perspective on masturbation. Curious to hear your responses:

http://right2think.org/index.php/life-m ... sturbation

Best,
hpb
monkee
Site Admin

Re: Why we masturbate....?

Post by monkee »

An awful lot of rubbish gets spoken about masturbation, as that article clearly shows. I'll stick with: I do it 'coz it feels good! ;)
mrhandy
Site Admin

Post by mrhandy »

Monkee...I totally agree with you.
When I first started masturbating it wasn't about anything sexual...it was only because it felt good and made me feel good.
58 years later... it still feels GREAT and I feel GREAT after.
monkee
Site Admin

Post by monkee »

I've been wanking for fifty years (not continuously, you understand!) and I hope I never tire of it! ;)
niikkisprinkles
Site Admin

Post by niikkisprinkles »

I had seen on tv recently a documentary on devout Catholics and their beliefs. Asked of one of these people about masturbation and the reply was that masturbation is only for degenerates and sexual deviants/sexual offenders. So if that is the case as a woman who masturbates I took offense to this of course. I wanted to ask this person if god had not intended for us to masturbate then why didn't he make our arms shorter?
UKGent
Site Admin

Post by UKGent »

niikkisprinkles, I think even if our arms were shorter we'd still find a way.

I know some very devout people who know it's a sin (in their eyes) but still play with themselves. They beat themselves up over it, but still do it because it's a fantastic form of release.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that guilt several times a day! :D
kentklements
Site Admin

Post by kentklements »

Having been raised in a strict and monitored household, anything sexual was taboo and masturbation was never discussed. Even after I married at the age of 20, for many years I hid my masturbation habits from my spouse but unknowing to me, she too was hiding hers from me but that all changed in our early 30's. We had a long talk about why we did it and both us were relieved to learn that it was not as a result of being unsatisifed with our sex life but we did it because there was times when we wanted and needed to feel our own touch and the resulting self-induced orgasm. We no longer hide our masturbation habits and probably spend more time enjoying mutual masturbation than we do having sex. All is good :D
edger47
Site Admin

Post by edger47 »

For me, I just do because it feels so good each and every time. I've gotten over the guilt of it. It's pretty much the only relaxing, pleasurable activity I engage in. My penis is always available to me whenever I have the urge and need to feel pleasure. Masturbation can't be beat :)
irisheyez
Site Admin

Post by irisheyez »

Firstly, I do it because it feels good. It's not a replacement for sex, it's just a different kind of sex. I think that self-induced orgasms can actually be physically more intense than sex: we're actually more in control. Don't get me wrong, I love sex and all the sharing that goes on: it's emotionally more intense. But I wonder how many other people would admit that self-induced orgasms are actually physically more intense.

I also think that women who masturbate are sexier than those who don't, but that's another story.
mmmniple
Site Admin

Post by mmmniple »

-satisfaction
-releasing anxiety
-testing new things
jester
Site Admin

Post by jester »

I started because it felt great and that's why I still do it.
oldman
Site Admin

Post by oldman »

It feels so good.
bonedboy
Site Admin

Post by bonedboy »

I think that masturbation is a form of prayer, it enables me to experience delight and joy as well as the acknowledgment that I am incomplete and designed for wholeness and communion. I am a 69 year old gay Catholic male and I am well aware of the position of some professional Catholic leaders and Catholic Tradition re:sex and pleasure but I think that their inability to let themselves go as ejaculation/orgasm does is a faith issue not a moral issue. They fear accepting that they want more than they have and they might not ever get it. When I jack off I experience what God designed me to experience whenever and wherever I want to, no limits, no boundaries, when I cum it is an act of trust that I will someday be satisfied in a state of blissful rest.
6solidinches
Site Admin

Post by 6solidinches »

1)it feels good
2)it relieves stress.
3)there aren't any regrets after it's over.
penedeconejo
Site Admin

Post by penedeconejo »

In the poignant words of the Sixties hippy radical Jerry Reuben, "if it feels good do it!!!"
The main and probably only reason I masturbate is because it feels good and I enjoy it.
Maybe you want to consider that 2 reasons?
scottyhoney
Site Admin

Post by scottyhoney »

I've been masturbating since I started getting erections and have never thought why I masturbate, I just do. It feels right.
I was reading where human males masturbate as much as we do because we are intelligent and have memories which fuels our sex drive and that frequent ejaculation keeps our sperm fresher so we can produce the best babies.
And if it did not serve a biological purpose we would not do it. I sure am glad masturbating serves a biological purpose, it feels so good!
mushroomhead
Site Admin

Post by mushroomhead »

My arguments for masturbation have always been:

1. It feels soooo good
2. It makes you happy
3. It is healthy in sooo many ways

I mean, if it feels good, makes you happy, and is very very healthy, what can be wrong with it?

There is no argument against it. I mean not a single one. If anyone can give an argument against it, please, tell me.
gavin1969
Site Admin

Post by gavin1969 »

Jerk off in front of girlfriend...she loves watching my hard shaved dick spew cum for her!!!
anon2imp
Site Admin

Post by anon2imp »

I don't want to be part of a committed, exclusive relationship for the purpose of entertaining my sense of touch. So I began to masturbate more. It's fun to experiment and feel new things privately at the will of my own hands. The sense of discovery and exploration... and the relaxation for my body, is definitely worth the time and the mess.
varvara
Site Admin

Post by varvara »

it happens that you are alone, and really want to. It's natural.