Bring back messaging of non-friends

Are there features you wish we had at Solotouch? Post them here. We may or may not implement your ideas, but it is a great way for us to keep track and create a handy list for our developer.
insatiable
Site Admin

Bring back messaging of non-friends

Post by insatiable »

Hi :)

I had another feature suggestion. What I noticed since the redesign/launching of new features, the ability to message someone prior to being a friend seems to have disappeared. I don't know if this is a settings issue, but I always found that feature to be useful in striking up conversation prior to friend requesting someone.

I would love to see that feature return, since many individuals on here do not accept friend requests without prior conversation; as well as it can help decide whether or not you wish to friend request someone based upon a private message.

I understand that there may be an issue of unsolicited pictures being sent. Possibly to mitigate this, the ability to embed a picture, link, or add an attachment could be restricted when sending messages to non-friends.

Just thought this would increase some of the interpersonal communications leading to more friendships and interactions. Again, as always, thank you for all you do! Love the site :)
~Cheers
Insatiable